Keywords: Policy Coherence
The primary objective of the training toolkit is to support UN Member States in developing their governance capacities and institutional arrangements for policy coherence. The toolkit focuses on public institutions’ capacity to spearhead integrated planning, policymaking, decision making, implementation, M&E and aligning budgets at the national government level. The toolkit is aimed at supporting build capacities for a whole of government and whole of society approach by examining the core role of a strategy to implement the SDGs, the roles and responsibilities of different government institutions and non-government actors involved and how they are coordinated. The toolkit also touches upon which human, financial, and technological resources are needed to strengthen those institutions.Upon completion of the training, learners will have:
- Understood why institutional arrangements for policy coherence are key for implementing Agenda 2030.
- Gained the tools and approaches available to act upon it/ to ensure that the participant can identify, quantify, and consider the trade-offs and synergies between SDGs into policy making, decision making, implementation and review.
- Conducted an institutional needs' assessment to identify the key gaps that would require strengthening to enhance institutional coherence at the national level.
- Gained insights of the different building blocks and indicators for policy coherence as entry points for the improvement of whole of government/integrated approaches.
- Developed a strategy and roadmap for institutional change to support policy coherence and implement actions in support of institutional coherence.
Institutional Readiness and Capacities for Policy Coherence to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
Welcome & Course Introduction
Module 1: Institutional Capacities for Policy Coherence
Module 2: Assessing Institutional Readiness for Policy Coherence
Organizational Structures for Inter-Ministerial Collaboration, Use of Technologies for a Whole-of-Government Approach & Aligning Budgets to Policy Priorities
Module 3: Planning for SDG Implementation: Organizational Structures for Inter-ministerial Collaboration
Module 4: Aligned Budgeting, Integrated Financial Framework & Regulatory Quality Instruments for Coherent Implementation of the SDGs
Transformational Leadership, Changing Mindsets and Reaching out to Stakeholders for Policy Coherence
Module 5: Performance Management & Changing the Political and Administrative Culture for Policy Coherence
Module 6: Stakeholder Participation in the SDG Policy Cycle
Monitoring, Evaluation and Data for Policy Coherence
Module 7: Policy Coherence on Track? Monitoring and Evaluation
Module 8: Data for Evidence-informed Policymaking
Multi-level Governance and Action for Policy Coherence
Module 9: Policy Coherence and Multi-level Governance: From Local to National to International Cooperation
Action Plan for Policy Coherence
National experts – government officials, academics, UN Country Teams, and others
Terms and Conditions of use for the Curriculum on Governance for the SDGs
Readiness Assessment of Institutional Arrangements for Policy Coherence
The training toolkit is free of charge. If you have any questions about the toolkit, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org