Monday 29 November 2021
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM (EDT time) / 4:00 PM- 6:00 PM (Beirut Time)
Via Microsoft Teams
UN DESA, through its Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government (DPIDG), and in collaboration with the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN ESCWA) and the Arab Administrative Development Organization (ARADO), are organizing a capacity development webinar to launch the Curriculum on Governance for the Sustainable Development Goals in the Arab region.
The webinar aims to raise awareness of methodologies and approaches to strengthen effective governance and public institutions in the Arab region. The webinar is also aimed at generating interest in mainstreaming the Curriculum in the trainings of the Schools of Public Administration in the different countries of the Arab region.
The Curriculum, which is a holistic and integrated framework, translates the 11 Principles of Effective Governance into practice through capacity development training material on governance and public institutions. It aims to promote critical understanding of sustainable development issues, enhance governance capacity, and strengthen public servants' awareness of their active role in contributing to the achievement of the SDGs. The Curriculum is a comprehensive set of Training of Trainers Capacity Development Toolkits, which contain ready-to-use and customizable training material on key governance dimensions needed to advance the implementation of the SDGs.
The webinar will be conducted in English and Arabic. It will include an overview presentation of the Curriculum and a brief presentation of each Toolkit. The presentations will be followed by panel discussion and a Q&A session.
- Curriculum on Governance for the Arab Region (Arabic / English) ;
- Agenda (English / Arabic) ;
- Concept Note (English / Arabic ) ;
- Flyer (Arabic) ;
- Statement by Mr. Bokyun Shim (UN DESA/DPIDG/UNPOG) ;
- Statement by Ms. Adriana Alberti (UN DESA/DPIDG/PMCDU) ;
- Curriculum on Governance for the Sustainable Development (UNPAN website) ;
- 2020-21 Report of Capacity Development Workshops and Pilot Testing of the Curriculum on Governance for the SDGs Toolkits ;
- Link to all videos of the Curriculum Toolkits (UNPAN Website) :
- Recording (to be posted later on)
For further information, contact Ms. Veronique Verbruggen at firstname.lastname@example.org